New Hanover County Areas Prone to Storm Surge
The information below was provided to New Hanover County residents in advance of Hurricane Dorian:
Areas prone to storm surge are close to major waterways including the Cape Fear River and Intracoastal Waterway, as well as inland along the county’s creeks, notably along Pages, Howe, Bradley, Hewletts, Whiskey, Motts, Barnard, Burnt Mill, Smith, and Ness creeks.
- East of Market Street in the Odgen/Porters Neck Communities
- Adjacent the neighborhoods of Marsh Oaks & Bayshore, and north of Middle Sound Loop Road
- East of Military Cutoff Road
- South of the Vantage Point and Timber Creek neighborhoods, north of Landfall
- Along where Wrightsville Avenue crosses Bradley Creek
- Area neighborhoods include Tidal Reach and Heron Run
- Between Pine Grove Drive and Greenville Loop Road, though storm surge could extend south to Beasley Road.
- Between Navaho Trail, and north of Trails End Road.
- West of River Road and south of Carolina Beach Road
- South of the Royal Palms Mobile Home Park and north of Marquis Hills neighborhood
- South of Independence Boulevard, west of Carolina Beach Road
- South of the Rivers Edge neighborhood, east of Echo Farms, and north of Linden Ridge
Burnt Mill Creek
- North of Princess Place Drive and west of 23rd Street
- Adjacent the Princess Place neighborhood
- Along Martin Luther King Jr. Pkwy, east of N. Kerr Ave
- North of the Love Grove neighborhood
- In the Wrightsboro community, west of Castle Hayne Road
- Adjacent Oakley Road and Carrol “C” Mobile Home Park
Who to call?
UNCW Emergency Info
CFCC Emergency Info