Food and Water Distribution Sites Update
NEW HANOVER COUNTY, NC – New Hanover County, in partnership with FEMA, the Civil Air Patrol and volunteers from General Electric, will be opening three Points of Distribution Sites (PODS) tomorrow, September 18, 2018 at 10am. These sites will offer Meals Ready to Eat (MREs), water and tarps to residents of New Hanover County (including the beach towns) and the City of Wilmington. After tomorrow, the PODs will operate daily from 7am-7pm.
These are the POD locations
- North POD – Formerly The Rock Church now being used as College Park Elementary School at 5301 Sidbury Road, Castle Hayne NC 28429
- Central POD – CFCC – Downtown Main Campus – 700 N. Front Street, Wilmington, NC 28401. Between Brunswick and Hanover Street. THIS LOCATION WILL ALSO HAVE A WALK-UP OPTION.
- South POD – Veteran’s Park – 840 Halyburton Memorial Parkway, Wilmington, NC 28412
Key Points to Remember:
- Please ensure you have enough gas in your car to ensure your car does not run out of gas while waiting for supplies.
- There are no restrooms at the POD locations.
- Each car will get one box with MREs and water.
- These PODs are designed to get people in and out in the most efficient manner possible. Please follow all directional signage.
New Hanover County Emergency Management continues to operate the Emergency Operations Center and Joint Information Center in response to Hurricane Florence. Anyone with questions can call the public information hotline telephone number at (910) 798-6800. The latest emergency updates and information can be found on the EmergencyNHC.com website.